11/21/16

Things to Eat - 6 Week Meal Plan (October through mid-November)

darcytroutman (1 of 1)

Basically, I cooked almost nothing in the last two months and my husband is totally awesome. We'd be either starving or living on fast food if it wasn't for him. So thank you, Dan, I love you!!

(Sorry for all the cheesy family photos, I dragged our family to the National Mall and tried to get some good shots for Xmas cards. Plus, it feels great to finally have some group photos where we all look sort of respectable.)
________________

WEEK 1

MONDAY - Carnitas in the slow cooker, served with rice and sides (burrito bowl style).

TUESDAY - Dan makes dinner - fish and roasted potatoes.

WEDNSEDAY - Dinner at the Arlington Cinema Drafthouse while watching Goonies on the big screen!

THURSDAY - P has a birthday party and Dan has softball; so I take F and T to Silver Diner.

FRIDAY - Dan and the kids are in Richmond; I make myself an easy salad.

SATURDAY - I photograph a wedding, Dan feeds the family.

SUNDAY - CAMPING with friends at Prince William Forest Park (this place is incredible!); Dan makes hobo snacks for everyone.
________________

WEEK 2

MONDAY - Quesadillas.

TUESDAY - Orecchiette with sweet sausage bolognese (via How to Celebrate Everything). We're all pretty much in love with this recipe.

WEDNESDAY - I have a photoshoot, Dan makes dinner.

THURSDAY - Black bean chilaquiles (recipe here). This is one of my favorite recipes ever.

FRIDAY - I have a photoshoot, Dan makes fish sticks and french fries.

SATURDAY - I photograph a wedding, Dan and the kids go to dinner club.

SUNDAY - I have a photoshoot, Dan makes dinner.
_______________________

WEEK 3

MONDAY - Breakfast for dinner - sour cream pancakes with roasted blueberries. I felt randomly guilty that I've never made the kids pancakes (in my defense I've never made anyone pancakes), so I decided to cook breakfast for dinner using the recipe in Julia Turshen's Small Victories cookbook. And these were the best pancakes we've ever had. Phenomenal. Everyone was super happy.

TUESDAY - Mac and cheese for the kids while Dan and I eat out at Farmers Fishers Bakers and see The Curios Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime at the Kennedy Center.

WEDNESDAY - Bread, sausage, and apple hash (via Small Victories). Another crazy good recipe from this cookbook.

THURSDAY - Silver Diner night (school fundraiser).

FRIDAY - Ground beef tacos.

SATURDAY - I have a photoshoot, Dan makes dinner.

SUNDAY - I photograph a wedding, Dan makes dinner.
___________________________

WEEK 4

MONDAY - Dan makes dinner - fish and potatoes.

TUESDAY - Dan makes dinner - pasta two ways (pesto and tomato/meat sauce).

WEDNESDAY - Dan makes dinner - fish and broccoli (can you tell that Dan really loves fish?).

THURSDAY - Sour cream pancakes for dinner (via Small Victories). Because late night breakfasts make everyone happy.

FRIDAY - I photograph a wedding, Dan makes dinner.

SATURDAY - Neighborhood dinner club.

SUNDAY - Taylor Gourmet carry-out.

_________________

WEEK 5

MONDAY - Halloween - pizza at our neighbor's before trick or treating.

TUESDAY - Kale, sausage, and white bean stew (via Dinner: A Love Story, the cookbook).

WEDNESDAY - Trader Joe's Indian (chicken in simmer sauce and naan). I wish I could say this was good, but it was sort of blah. Oh well.

THURSDAY - Dan makes dinner - fish, corn, and mashed potatoes.

FRIDAY - I photograph a wedding, Dan makes dinner.

SATURDAY - Neighborhood dinner club.

SUNDAY - I have a photoshoot, Dan makes mushroom risotto and pork chops (so so good).

_____________________

WEEK 6

MONDAY - Dan makes chicken quesadillas.

TUESDAY - I have a photoshoot, we order pizza, watch election results come in, and cry (okay, so the crying didn't start until way after dinner).

WEDNESDAY - Black bean burrito bowls with rice, avocado, tomato, and cheese.

THURSDAY - Dan makes dinner - spaghetti.

FRIDAY - Parker's birthday dinner at Fugo De Chao.

SATURDAY - I have a photoshoot, Dan makes pizza.

SUNDAY - I have a photoshoot, Dan makes homemade clam chowder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...